This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a team of professionals with a history of supporting customers that include HHS, USDA, FEMA, DOD and several civilian agencies all with exceptional performance evaluations.
Summary of Role: The Project Manager (PM) shall work in government facilities to lead an SoKat delivery team of more than 100 people during execution of contract support to a government Project Management Office (PMO) within the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency. The PM supervises support to the government PMO by overseeing all customer-facing contract activities including project planning and development, project real estate and environmental requirements, management and control of risk, stakeholder relations, project milestones, configuration and change management, and budget and schedule management. As SoKat’s contract lead, the PM will report to the SoKat corporate Project Management Office.
Duties and Responsibilities: The successful candidate will lead contract execution by:
- Manage a team of over 100 SoKat and subcontractor personnel during contract and project execution at multiple delivery locations across the continental U.S. by supervising a team of subordinate “Site/Location Leads”.
- Performing direct supervisory responsibility for 8-12 subordinate project managers and functional area leads.
- Maintain strong collaborative relations with the Contract Officer’s Representative (COR), the government’s Project Management Office (PMO), and bring contract issues to the attention of the SoKat leadership.
- Establish and keep strong working relations with SoKat’s subcontractors supporting the contract.
- Ensure subordinate leaders meet all contract milestones.
- Collaborate with the SoKat’s Project Management Office for monthly invoicing, staffing of the contract, contractual issues with subcontractors, quality assurance, and risk management.
- Maintain regular dialogue with subordinate Site Leads and project managers. Visit their worksites as necessary, as funded by the contract, and as permitted by health and force protection conditions.
- Gather key performance indicators to monitor/report on the health of contract execution.
- Participate in SoKat’s internal Program Evaluation Reviews (PERs) monthly for all active customer projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Holds a current Project Management Professional certification or equivalent advanced certification in project / program management.
- 10 or more years of demonstrated experience in successfully managing large contracts with at least 50 people, or multiple simultaneous contracts each with at least 15 people.
- Engaging interpersonal skills and employs a collaborative management style.
- Demonstrated achievement of internal and external stakeholder satisfaction.
- Success maintaining high levels of employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
- Experience managing matrixed teams.
- Skillful in Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Advanced professional degree (MBA, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience managing projects that include horizontal and/or vertical construction.
- Contract experience with U.S. Customs and Border Protection is highly preferred.
How will success of this position will be measured?
- Excellent customer CPARS ratings and positive comments from the client.
- Maintaining a stable work force and strong relations with the contract’s subcontractors.
- Developing and implementing process improvements that optimize delivery.
- Projects are on time and deliverables accepted by the client.